Thank you. Two simple words that show you appreciate what someone else has done for you. As a business you are nothing without your clients and letting them know you appreciate them is critical, but how do you relay that message? What better way than a thank you card?
We often think of others during the holidays so our natural inclination is to send notes at that time. But why do it when everyone is doing it? Consider making it part of your weekly routine instead, here are good times to send a note:
- When a customer refers a new customer
- You notice a customer in the news
- You notice a prospect in the news
- This is your customer’s first order with you
- Set an invoice amount and send notes to the clients that spend that amount
- Your best customers
- Customers who haven’t done business with you in a while but you want them back
- When a customer leaves you (Crazy concept? Maybe. And you may not get a lot out of it…except a name for yourself as a good businessperson.)
Thank you notes should be personal and hand written. The cards don’t have to be flashy, but a custom design with your logo can be an effective marketing piece because people will keep them around for a while. As for what to write, keep it simple. Let them know you enjoy doing business with them or appreciate their referral—and if they shared something that you both connected on, make mention.
Thank you cards are often overlooked as marketing tools. They help humanize your company and show that care about your customers. Make writing thank you cards a common practice and the thanks will come back to you in the form of goodwill—and more business.